April 12, 2009

Sexism: Part 1

So for the first time in 5 years I am actively dating. That's right: I am taking boyfriend applications! I have high standards so of course many that have applied have been rejected rather swiftly. But I've tried to keep an open mind and give everyone an equal opportunity. I've come across many jerks in the process but this one takes the cake:

So this one guy in particular I was talking to on AIM frequently (I no longer give out my phone number--no use in wasting my minutes on these fools) and from the conversations I thought he was a tad sexist. I wasn't sure though, but it didn't matter. I just didn't feel like we were clicking so on to the next applicant. He started a blog and I decided to read his latest entry. Here are a few excerpts:
"We need to flat out tell these women that we expect certain things from them. We have to expect them to do more than suck and f*ck us. King Flex would say that you have to give a woman "chores" to do, which piggy backs on what this video is talking about."

"I'm saying that you should expect her to cook sometimes, do the laundry, and clean. Hell, Atleast let that chick clean after herself. This is why foreign women are so appealing because these values have been brained into her since she was a child. So fellas, have better standards and expectations."
WOW. Get the fuck outta here with that shit! I was livid, but decided to calm down and give a simple response:
"I think you're out of your mind. How could you EVER say something like that with an ounce of common sense? I thought you were more educated than that. You are sexist and misogynistic and you should be ashamed to be a "young black man" with views like that. Since you have no respect for women, how can women have any respect for you? "Men" who think like that want a woman to be inferior to them to make them seem more of a man.

Talking to you on AIM you seemed sexist but I wasn't sure. This just confirmed it for me. Word of advice: You seem like a really nice guy but your attitude needs to change. If you want to have a real relationship with an intelligent, beautiful, black female you need to re-evaluate what you're saying. A real woman is not going to put up with this crap."
But to be honest, I have a WHOLE lot more to say about this. I will write a post as soon as I'm done with this Ancient Philosophy Term Paper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment