March 31, 2009

On the Hunt

I dread April because when that month rolls around I start my annual hunt for a summer job and someplace to live. Luckily, even though the economy sucks I've had a few good leads on summer employment. However, my hours would be limited and my hourly pay would be horrible. But a job is a job and right about now I need any type of income I can get. Perhaps if my summer school course load is light I can pick up another job.

Summer housing is a whole nother story. I'd like to live on campus but they charge you an arm and a leg--almost twice as much as it would cost if I picked an off-campus apartment in the same area. It's frustrating, but I have hope. I found a great apartment last summer, so hopefully my luck will carry over to this summer as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment