December 30, 2009

That Nicki Minaj Girl


So I haven't really been a Nicki Minaj fan. I feel like her sound and look is totally contrived. When she first came out she was trying to sound like Foxy and now that she's signed to Young Money she sounds like Wayne. Homegirl switches it up so much she doesn't really seem to have her own identity. And that whole "harajuku barbie" sh*t works my nerves. The robotic sh*t and her stage performance annoys the hell outta me. All that said, I got bored over winter break and decided to download one of her mixtapes......and I'm ashamed to say it but I was kinda diggin it. I don't know if I've been totally converted into a Nicki Minaj fan but I'm now at least 80% receptive to her. I'll listen to to her stuff. On that note, I decided to post a random track off the mixtape; however, I just realized that the site that I use to upload music to the blog is down. I'm going to have to find an alternative. Hopefully I'll be able to post music soon and repost all the tracks that I posted before .


Sidenote: I'm really curious to know what the 22-30 year old crowd thinks of Nicki. Not these lil' kids who actually watch BET, but the older folks who grew up listening to Kim's "Crush on You" and Foxy's "Gotta Get You Home With Me Tonight." What do they think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment